Carolyn was born and raised in Toronto and moved north in 1986.
Aside from one year at Ontario Art College, she is primarily self taught. She jokes that she was born with a pencil in her hand.
She loves nature, wildlife, and animals, still life, unusual landscapes, close-up flowers, aboriginal themes, and portraits.
Carolyn loves graphite drawings, paints with acrylics and carves a variety of wood in sculpture and bas relief.
Summary of her art history
– Won prizes at Buckhorn Wildlife Festival, Buckhorn
– Chairman of the annual Kawartha Arts Festival, Fenelon Falls
– Member of the Settlers’ Village, Bobcaygeon
– On the Executive of Kawartha Art Gallery and Studio
– Contributed to the Community Living Portrait show
– Her work is on display or has been purchased by
o Whetung Ojibway Centre, Curved Lake
o Fleming College, Peterborough and Frost campus
o Lindsay Administrative offices
o Lindsay Women’s Shelter
o Royal Golf Tournament, Peterborough
o Private collections in BC, Sask, Ont, Germany, England and Australia.
Commissions are welcome